Skip to main content

No. 100 PRINCE RUPERT (BUSINESS MANAGER OF THE ROLLING STONES)

This is a difficult thing to do because I have painted hundreds upon hundreds of coats of arms, calligraphic and illuminated manuscripts, scrolls and royal letters patent thus far.  
How do you choose ?  After careful consideration I have chosen these works as truly representative of this branch of my art.

When confronted with the art I have on record I cannot believe there have been enough hours in the day to have produced it. Plus of course there is the art I did for patrons who asked me not to share for privacy reasons, some of which was quite spectacular.

So to begin with let us start with the coat of arms of the late Prince Rupert Loewenstein. A very interesting patron who was for many years was the financial advisor to the Rolling Stones. He was a member of Order of Malta and that is how he approached me through a mutual friend, also a Knight of Malta, the late Peter Drummond-Murray of Mastrick. At that time I was Herald Painter to the British Association of the Order.  He very much liked my work and this was produced for him. He later kindly sent me a letter of recommendation to use on my web site of the time.

This painting is quite small only about  three or four inches square and was painted on vellum with 23c gold leaf.


Popular posts from this blog

No.85 From the Christopher Chambers Collection

I have painted this subject before, many years ago but in a Georgia O'Keefe moment I burned it. This version was begun in 2009 but abandoned until 2012 when I finally completed it.  Again, focusing on myth and legend.  James

No. 93 Certificate presented to HRH Prince Edward

Presented at an American Scottish event.   Below is a photo of Prince Edward receiving my painting.   

No. 86 From Bob and Jenn Reed's Collection

I painted this in 2013.  I was at my home in Virginia and it was a very cold and snowy winter.  I have always loved fairy tales, myths, legends and that child like sense of magic.  This painting grew from those experiences.