Skip to main content

No. 99 The Jethro Tull album cover for Crest of a Knave

The famous rock legend Ian Anderson photographed here at Madison Square Gardens looking every bit the Scottish bard! He told me I was hired due to the fact that whilst looking through Carl Alexander von Volborth's book, 'The Art of Heraldry' he liked not only my name but that I was, 'still alive'. By that he meant I was one of the youngest artists featured in book. He also liked my asymmetric style.


I have included this because to me it was such a fun commission and it is not everyday you get to hang out with a rock star legend.  

Popular posts from this blog

No.85 From the Christopher Chambers Collection

I have painted this subject before, many years ago but in a Georgia O'Keefe moment I burned it. This version was begun in 2009 but abandoned until 2012 when I finally completed it.  Again, focusing on myth and legend.  James

No. 93 Certificate presented to HRH Prince Edward

Presented at an American Scottish event.   Below is a photo of Prince Edward receiving my painting.   

No. 86 From Bob and Jenn Reed's Collection

I painted this in 2013.  I was at my home in Virginia and it was a very cold and snowy winter.  I have always loved fairy tales, myths, legends and that child like sense of magic.  This painting grew from those experiences.